The River Community Church of Clayton, NY is seeking a full-time male senior pastor.
The lead pastor shall be or shall seek to be a regularly ordained American Baptist minister whose credentials are recognized and approved by the American Baptist Churches of the U.S.A. or equivalent, and who is in essential agreement with the Doctrine and Statement of Faith of the River Community Church.
- Believes in the inerrancy and sufficiency of the Scriptures.
- Spirit-filled and -led.
- A man of prayer.
- A humble leader who works well with a team of male and female elders and lay leaders.
- A love for people of all ages and a desire to reach the next generation of believers.
- Well-studied; pastoral experience and seminary training is preferred.
- Ability to engage in pastoral counseling.
- Dynamic preaching.
- Ability to effectively share the Gospel.
- Exercise authority with grace.
- Keep regular office hours.
- Holding regular and timely staff / congregational meetings.
- Overseeing the equipping of the congregation.
- Effectively preach with authority.
- Develop and act upon the vision and mission of the Church.
$60,000 including retirement.
The candidate will purchase health insurance separately.
Vacation, sick, and personal time is negotiable.
Send resume including 3 references, cover letter, and (2) two video sermons to:
The River Community Church
ATTN: Search Committee
38844 Bartlett Point Road,
Clayton NY 13624
Or email resumé, references, and cover letter to: